Casa Arrecife (“Reef House”) is located right on the ocean at Playa Langosta, one of Tamarindo’s most desirable and high-end residential areas. The property sits above sea level with stunning ocean and sunset views all year round from the open-concept kitchen – dining and living space, pool BBQ area, and master bedroom. Less than 5% of beachfront properties in all of Costa Rica enjoy this unique privilege, a privately titled (fee simple) property.
This stunning luxury beachfront home in Tamarindo has a total of 5 bedrooms, 5 full baths, and 2 half baths. Casa Arrecife sleeps 15 people comfortably and consists of the main residence, two separate guest buildings, and a two-car garage with a suite above. The main residence includes the master bedroom suite with two walk-in closets, a luxurious bathroom, and an outside shower. Further, every room in the estate is equipped with air conditioning and a stereo sound system.
The family/living area, dining room and kitchen with butler’s pantry, separate laundry room, a guest powder room, and the exterior pool are all very close to the beach. As soon as you enter the residence you feel the change of the tranquil environment. You can access the patio, sun deck, beach, and pool from the kitchen, living room, dining room, and master bedroom.
The guest rooms are called “casitas” with three individual one-bedroom/one-bath suites. In addition, the owner added a fourth suite with one bedroom/one bath and kitchenette above the garage. This unit is tucked away and has an ocean view. It can easily be used for “live-in” staff quarters.
Three of the four guest suites face the courtyard which is an amazing central feature of Casa Arrecife. Discover the stunning courtyard fitted with a casual dining area that is surrounded by koi fish ponds with lush landscaping, carved Balinese stone artwork, and four fountains babbling quietly in the background. The entire space is connected by bridges leading over the koi ponds to all guest rooms creating a unique experience.
The quality of construction of this estate is of the highest standards. To top it off the owner has added many upgrades and improvements, no costs have been spared to create a rewarding and fantastic living experience. Here are some features and recent improvements to make this property truly outstanding:
- Tempered glass windows surrounding pool
- Galvanized and powder-coated metal bars to withstand the climate for many years to come
- Coconut-, banana trees and other tropical plants throughout the entire property
- Surfboard closet with surfboards, boogie boards, pool floats etc.
- Additional 1000 gallon water storage tank with recent upgrades
- Exterior Kitchen and BBQ
- Subzero Refrigerator and separate freezer and new kitchen aid ice maker
- Custom made quartz backsplash and new granite kitchen countertops
- Two separate wine chillers
- Hotel-style safes in all rooms
- Retractable Screen surrounds patio off the master bedroom
- Extra closet and storage space throughout the estate with owner lockout
- Tropical outside showers in each bathroom
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Verde stone veneer at exterior walls and verde concrete tile covering pitched roofs over the living area
- Modified sewer septic system with laterals to the street
- Copper Roof covering oversized copper rain gutters and downspouts throughout covering as well the outside lounging patio and lounging areas
- New state-of-the-art tile roof with natural color and galvanized steel structure. It will last 50+ years
- The Hyundai Minivan with 13,000 Miles comes with the pr
It is impossible to explain all of the beauty of the indoor and outdoor features of this stunning luxury beachfront home in Tamarindo. Schedule a tour today!