by, Mark Venegas, Real Estate Consultant
As the rains begin to dissipate, local businesses are getting ready for what will surely be another active dry season full of tourists. Besides simply enjoying the magnificent white sand beach and relaxing, Tamarindo is visited yearly by thousands of tourist that traditionally come here for:
• Paddle boarding has also become popular in Tamarindo.
• Excellent sport fishing, up and down the coast.
Other popular things to do are:
• Diving and snorkeling, with trips to the nearby Catalina Islands.
• Play golf at either of the two world class courses at Hacienda Pinilla or Reserva Conchal.
• Miniature Golf.
• Take a relaxing estuary tour up the Tamarindo estuary that is part of Las Baulas National Park. Or rent some kayaks and tour it yourself.
• Also in Las Baulas National Park you can see the amazing Leatherback Turtles. The tour season to see these incredible animals are between mid-October – mid February.
• Get muddy, or dusty (depending on the time of the year), being part of some fun ATV tours.
• Jet Ski rentals.
• Various options for a fun Canopy (zip line) tour.
• Close to town, or adventure farther inland for some bird watching.
• Horseback riding.
• Take a tour, or rent a car, and go enjoy some nearby National Parks like; Las Baulas, Barra Honda, Volcan Rincon de La Vieja, Santa Rosa (where you’ll find the famous Witches Rock surf spot), Palo Verde (great for bird watching), Arenal Lake/Volcano.
You will also find in Tamarindo various tour companies that can take you too many of these places.
• View this beautiful area from the air upon a two person Gyrocopter tour.
• Catamaran/Sailboat tours that offer day trips or a soothing sunset ride.
And of course we cannot forget the incredible dining that Tamarindo has to offer. You can find from a tasty burger or taco to fine Costa Rican and international cuisine all through Tamarindo.